For children who may need palatal expanders, headgear, retainers, and other treatments, we offer quality orthodontic appliances in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Drs. Hatakeyama and Hatakeyama are happy to explain to parents the purpose and benefits of any recommended appliance. You can learn more in the list below and schedule a visit with our dentists by contacting Hoffman Estates Dental Professionals at 847-884-0120.
Based on your specific orthodontic needs, our dentists may recommend a removable orthodontic appliance. There are several types of removable appliances available. Depending on your individual needs and goals, we may suggest a:
- Clear aligner– Clear aligners are a discreet alternative to traditional braces. These aligners are custom-made to fit over your teeth and gently move your teeth to their correct positions. Because they are made of clear, smooth plastic, they are both comfortable and virtually invisible.
- Retainer– Retainers are used to maintain your straight, beautiful smile after orthodontic treatment. There are several types of retainers available, and our team will help you determine which type is best suited to your needs.
- Mouth guard– This can be used to protect your smile from injury and damage. We often recommend protective mouthguards for our patients who participate in sports and other athletic activities.
- Headgear– Headgear is most often used to restrict the growth of the upper jaw and improve an overbite (overjet).
- Night guard– You may need a night guard if you grind and clench your teeth as you sleep. The night guard creates a barrier between the teeth to protect them.
- Palatal expander– A palatal expander is a device used to create more space in the mouth by gradually widening the upper jaw. This is used for children while their mouths and jaws are still developing.
Call us today to learn more and to find out whether a removable appliance is right for your smile.